Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

THE QUINCUNX


The Quincunx is when two planets are 150 degrees from each other ( with an orb of 8 degrees or less. I go by 8 degrees but some people think up to 10 degrees is significant. And that is a PERSONAL choice. It's up to you! ) 
An example of a quincunx is when someone's Mars in Aries/6 degrees is quincunx the Venus in Scorpio at 8 degrees. That leaves an orb of 2-ish. Well, that's what I personally have in my chart, although those are simply rough estimates. ( But good enough ). 
My drives/desires/ambition are glossed with an Aries tone. My Mars also falls into my 1st house. I have many Aries and Mars-ish qualities in my personality. I can be very restless ( Mars square Uranus ) and anxiety prone, but these anxieties are heightened when I get impatient/frustrated/angry. I get angry easily and I show it easily, but I also calm down easier. I dont usually hold a grudge, but I am capable of it if someone fucks with me bad. But if someone does something not too bad, I'm not going to hold a grudge. 

Venus in Scorpio wants commitment, devotion, passion, and emotional depth. Mars in Aries wants to get on with it and is direct and sometimes blunt. Combine the two in the quincunx and they do NOT understand each other at all. 
I feel like I am an oddity when it comes to relationships, especially with this aspect. I do think my love nature and my desires/drive do not understand each other. I have clear motives. I never try to hide my motives completely, but I can be subtle about what I want in a weirdly direct way. If you get what I'm going.. when I first met my boyfriend, I initiated everything like a good Aries Mars would, but my motives were a relationship. Its hard to explain. 
I want deep commitment, but I like "me" time and doing "me" things. This is a characteristic of everyone, but my desires and goals are "me oriented." Does this interfere with my relational Scorpio side? 

Anyway, the quincunx whatever planets are involved can be difficult. It is much more difficult, in my opinion, than the square or opposition. The square created tension, but you;ll need to be able to deal with the conflict and move on. Squares make your life easier once you get over them. Oppositions will need to be moderated; you find moderation and you're good to go. Quincunx do not understand each other at all! Adaptations will need to be made! 

Some people have Moon-Saturn quincunx! That means the Saturn nature does not understand the Moon's nature. This can lead to loneliness and lack of emotional expression in some cases. 

In synastry, the quincunx can suck. Say someone has a Moon in Leo at 2 degrees and the other person has Venus in Capricorn at 3 degrees. The one person's Moon in Leo wants praise, love and affection and above all, attention. Leo moons like attention. They are not all attention whores, but they need love and praise. The Venus in Capricorn person is committed, yet almost standoffish and cautious when it comes to love. Sometimes they commit because they have put so much investment in the relationship. Venus in Capricorn is more practical when it comes to love and Moon in Leo may not be happy with what they're getting. Basically, the one person's emotional nature does NOT understand the other's relational/romantic/love nature. 

If you have a quincunx that doesn't mean your relationship is doomed. Just like anyone who has a bunch of squares or oppositions. Usually, there are good beneficial aspects to help out the relationship. Venus-Jupiter, Moon-Jupiter, Jupiter-Pluto, Sun-Moon, Moon-Saturn, Venus-Saturn, etc etc can be good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment