Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Personal: Solar Return Year

My birthday was last week on November 29th. As some of you already know, a solar return period is what you expect for a given year. The year lasts from your birthday to your next birthday. Take for example my birthday. My solar return lasts from 11-29-2011 to 11-29-2012.
Last year a major theme in my chart was the 5th house. As many of you know about astrology, there are many meanings to the 5th house as astrology can manifest in many ways. The 5th house can be about children, or creativity, or love. I did not have children, nor was I super creative. I only wrote one book. I tried to write, but it wasn't coming easily to me. I started a new relationship last year with planets in my 5th house ( NN, Sun, Venus, Pluto ). With Pluto there, it has not been a superficial relationship.
This year is going to be a little different.
First things first...
1. Solar Return Asc in Libra. ( Natal Pisces ). According to this, I'm more likely to be sociable this year. I'm not going to lie; I for sure have my doubts. Perhaps I will be more outgoing, but I will never be a social butterfly. Or perhaps I will like how I look more, or try new styles of clothing.
2. Solar Return Moon in Aquarius, 4th house. ( Natal Leo, 6th house ). Since I have my natal in Leo at 21 degrees, I have a very weak opposition to my solar return moon. With Solar Return Moon in Aquarius, you have a year that is more objective and less emotions oriented. However, there may be more of a need to find the truth ( Aquarian truth different than Sag truth ). Science matters might be interesting this year. I might want to try new things and be connected to humanity in some way. Emotional issues that bothered me this past year might not bother me so much this year. However, the Moon falls into the 4th house. Aquarius and the 4th house of family, roots, pregnancy, nurturing do NOT mix. Why so? With Moon in the 4th house, these Aquarian energies are concentrated here. Will it be a sensitive year? Will I move again?
3. Solar return sun in the 2nd house ( Natal 9th house ). The sun is a very general theme of the solar return chart. What I mean to say is that it is the general theme of the year when you look at it. In this case my general theme is acquiring possessions, buying things, making money, etc. I probably will want to make myself financially stable, or it will be extremely important to be financially stable. A good time to spend money on something valuable, but not squander money. I should show some discretion. Also, self esteem and worth will  be an important factor to the year. So, yes money and self worth will go hand in hand this year.

** I have noticed a 2nd house trend since 2009 though. Money has been of importance. This also showed in last year's solar return chart with another planet there, also in my progressions and transits since 2009.
4.  Sagittarius North Node in the 2nd house ( Natal 12th house ). Quit worrying about other people's money. Go out and make your own. Acquire your own goods. Develop self worth. Higher Education will  be an effect of self worth.

5. Sag Mercury in the 3rd house ( Sag Mercury 9H natal ). Learning energies will be broad minded and tolerant, as well as wanting to analyze and expand upon ideas. That in itself is an easy thing for me to do since I have Sag Mercury 9H natally. I love writing 10-15 page papers. I love picking a topic and analyzing it as well as expanding upon the idea. I love picking my own research topics. The 3rd house is all about the details, minute analysis, facts, figures, left brained. Writing will be important in the coming year, but with a fun Sag flair. This Sag Mercury will need to get used to facts, details, and evidence analysis. Makes sense  because its crunch time and I will finally be a college senior. Should be a good academic year, however. I definitely need a good academic year.
6. Capricorn Venus in the 3rd house ( Scorpio Venus 8th house natally ). Love wise, this year will build commitment, loyalty, and I should be more cautious. I should also not be wishy washy or gushy, or get my hopes up. I will need to be more realistic concerning love. In the 3rd house, this will manifest in education, learning, writing, siblings, travel, etc. I will have a love of learning,  I will be loyal to what I am learning, I will love to write, I will love to make short trips. Good year for education if I work hard.
7. Capricorn Pluto in the 3rd house ( Scorpio 8H natal ). Pluto in the 3H is usually indicative of a communication style that is intense, direct and sometimes brutal. Other people may not like what I have to say, or maybe they do because I come off as so cool. I don't know. I will take on some interesting short trips that might change the way I think. This year is supposed to change the way I think, the way I approach learning and academics, or perhaps I will take these more seriously. Not take education for granted.
8. Solar Return Neptune in the 5th house ( Natal 10H ). This is a year where I might be more romantic and idealistic. This can be good and bad. I might show heightened sensitivities to my boyfriend. He may enjoy it. On the negative side, I might become delusional when it comes to my romance. Might idealize my boyfriend into what he is not. I will need to have a clear image of what he really is in my mind. I can not self decieve myself. In severe and extreme cases, this indicates cheating, because one person is not happy and is self deluded. It could be the native or the partner.
9. Solar Return Taurus Jupiter in the 7th house. ( Natal Gemini/2H ) If Jupiter is said to be in a mutable sign, there is an indication of moving on in a relationship since mutable signs are dual oriented. Not always though. Mine is in a fixed sign of Taurus; Like Scorpio, Taurus can be possessive, but they are loyal and stick it through. Jupiter in the 7H is indicative of good fortune in new business partnerships, romantic relationships and it is even indicative of marriage! ( Although I am not getting married this year LOL ). In my case, I hope that I have favorable connections between me and my boyfriend.
10. Solar Return Virgo Mars in the 11th house ( Natal Aries/1st house ). Although it's easy for me to show frustration and anger on an everyday basis, this year I hopefully cool down a lot. In negative cases, Virgo Mars might indicate a restless, nervous energy. My anxiety could get worse in the coming year. In the 11th house this manfiests in friends and networks. Maybe I will be forced to join an organization and meet new people.
11. Solar Return Saturn in the 1st house ( Natal 10th house ). This is a year I will need to be more responsible. It is a year that I will mature. I will need to show discretion and have self control. This is directly opposed to my Jupiter in the 7th house. Self discretion and control verses demands of others?
A few notable aspects in the chart: ( Not ALL the aspects. Just ones that caught my eye )
Mars/11H square Sun/2H: Mars square Sun is usually indicative of your ego feeling conflicted. You might show anger and frustration. In Virgo, I might not express this out loud. It might manifest in anxiety and control. With houses concentrated, an organization might exert some form negative self image onto myself, but I will need to be resilient. I have an idea of what this might be.
Sun/2H trine Uranus/6H: I will want to be more independent. I will unlikely enjoy the restrictions placed upon me in my current job. Honestly, I want to find a new job now, and perhaps that will be the case with Uranus in the 6H.
Neptune in the 5H is positively making aspects to Jupiter and Saturn, which are in houses of 7 and 1 respectively. This is an indication of perhaps idealism concerning all areas, but not self deception. If there are problems in romance and love, these can be worked out. Benefit of the doubt given. ( BF and I have synastry aspects that are good, and a decent composite chart. ).
Neptune making negative aspect to Sun in the 2H. Romance/idealism in conflict with ego/self worth.
Jupiter-Saturn in houses 1-7: Need to keep a good relationship and think of others, but also balance the needs of myself and show maturity. I could have issues with problems of over consumption and then self denial of certain goods. Moderation will need to be exercised this year, even if its hard. Balance the two. Personal limits might be hard to be seen,but they will be seen.

In General:
A main theme in the chart is the 2nd house, of money and self worth as well as values.

Another main theme is the 3H. This year my way of thinking may be changed or altered to some degree. School and academics should go fine this year. I might pick up on writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment