Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Analyzing a Chart #1: my mother






This is the chart of my mother. She was born June 21, 1968, at 3 pm in Lakewood, Ohio.

I am starting a basic analyzing chart series. This should help people be able to see the chart as a whole as well as seeing the minor details of it all.

Basically, what I will do is state a fact about my mother and show where this is in her natal chart:

1. My mother has been prone to addictions of all sorts; caffeine, smoking, and worse; drugs- both illegal and prescription. She’s done all the hard drugs as well as “soft” ones like weed. Her favorite prescription is Xanax, and she is even obsessed with over the counter cough medicines.

A: Neptune is all about addictions. When Neptune is paired up with a personal planet, like the Sun, Moon or Mars, then the person may have issues regarding a sensitivity to addictions. These addictions serve the purpose of escaping reality.

My mother has a Moon-Neptune opposition. Hard Moon-Neptune aspects are associated with drugs, only because of a highly idealistic and escapist nature. This is not to say everyone else with this aspect is on drugs, but it is only ONE way it can manifest. I attribute my mother’s drug issues with her Moon-Neptune opposition first and foremost.

The 2H of values has her Neptune there; 2H also deals with self worth. Neptune there could indicate negative self worth or an illusion that she sucks. When it is opposed to her Moon in the 7H ( of other people ), she wants to be liked so badly she will submit to anything they want her to do. She was first introduced to these drugs via best friends and boyfriends when she was a teenager. She often had feelings of rejection and wanted approval so badly, it is likely this is what started it. A lack of approval of those closest to her is something she values and helps with self worth. Lack of self worth may lead to substance abuse to escape reality.

Alcohol was also a problem with her. However, not so much anymore.

2. As a child I often would hear my mom ask people “Am I a scum bag?” or other derogatory names. These were names she was called as a teenager. When she had a mental break down in 2000, she was mimicking everything she was name called.

I also attribute this to the Moon-Neptune opposition with the 2H and 7H involved. I think a lot of people in her life fucked around with her self worth, making her feel vulnerable and tortured. Oppositions often are linked to other people in our lives.

3. She has really no concept of money. For years, she lived off her parents and would beg for money. Back in the 1990’s, she would max out my grandmother’s credit card, getting my grandparents in heap loads of debt. my mother had her own credit card debt as well. She always wanted to live the dream without really working for it. She is very unreliable with money.

A; Neptune in the 2H can manifest in many ways. One way is the way my mother lived, living an illusion and having a blast with credit cards. Now this was mostly the 90s. She ruined it for herself for today. The woman lived off her Social Security now and has rarely worked her entire life.

In fact, her dream was to be a stay at home mom ( who doesn’t clean or cook ) that goes shopping and looks glamourous all the time. She loved to look glamourous when she was younger, but not so much anymore since money has been cut off.

Her money comes from those close to her, which is how her Moon-neptune opp. Saturn also falls into the 7H, forming a close quincunx with Neptune. In many ways, the people closest to her tried to be as restrictive as they could with her.

4. Marrying early, but ending up alone.

My mother had me young and she was a young bride. I was conceived only after 2 months after my parents met. In 1990, they were married when I was 18 months old.

My mother has a Libra rising ( again, her old glamourous nature LOL ) but her DC is Aries. Again, my father has Venus in Aries, and my mother married him hastily without even thinking about it. My mom’s 7H ruler, Mars, is in the 9H. In this case, my father is an ordinary White American man. However, he and my mother agreed mostly on religious and moral things. They weren’t too different in philosophy and world view. Neither of them were educated, or interested in education ( as strange as it sounds with my mother’s packed 9th house ).

My mom was as eager to divorce my dad as she was to marry him. I suppose she got bored and impatient with him. He had lost his job at that time and had refused to find a job. I am not saying my father was not at fault, but my mom could have got a job when he stayed at home.

My mother’s Saturn falls into the 7H. Usually astrology interpretations say the person will marry an older person or marry older. My mother did marry someone older, but I would not say my dad was more mature. I think they were about the same in their maturity ( or immaturity ) level at the time. She hasn’t had much luck in the dating pool, but did manage a long term relationship for 4 years in the late 90’s. Since then, she has only had casual affairs.

Perhaps she may see other people as a restriction to her. I can sometimes see that.

5. My mother had 5 boyfriends at once during one time. ( Not the same time she was married to my dad though ).

My mother has Venus in the 9H squaring Uranus in the 12H. This is not to say that all Venus-Uranus squares are going to make people cheat. Venus in the 9H wants to have fun. Venus in the 9H is playful. Venus in Cancer is emotional and needing of support and love. Venus in Cancer women want to be accepted and they want approval. Most importantly, they want to feel like they are loved. In my mom’s case, I believe that her Venus-Uranus square wanted freedom and to have fun. After all my mom has always liked to have fun with her dates. And she’s never been good with commitment either. However, with her Venus in Cancer, it becomes more complicated than just wanting to have fun and experiment, although that had a lot to do with it. My mother has a strong psychological need to be liked and to be approved of ( this may come back from my grandpa yelling at her during her early childhood years ). I think she had a hard time saying “no” to men who wanted to go on a date with her.

My mother did not have boundaries ( another pun for Moon opposed Neptune. )

A lack of boundaries, hard time saying no to men, and a psychological need to be liked, as well as lacking of discipline, a need for freedom and a love of having fun will produce my mom and how she had 5 boyfriends at once in the mid-late 1990s. Plus, she was really pretty at the time too.

My mother has Sun square Uranus as well as Mars square Uranus, promoting independence and individuality. Her freedom comes with conflict; others saw her as rebellious.

—-

I think I am done. As well as all of that, she was raped at least 5 times during her life. I do not know what would cause that. If anyone else has any ideas, let me know. Unless it’s the Moon-Neptune thing again. Mars square Uranus can also indicate a reckless nature, but we don’t want to put the blame on the victim.

Depression has also been a problem with her as well, but I attribute that to her Moon aspects.

my mother’s Chiron ( the wounded healer ) is in her 6H. I believe for her to truly heal she needs to get her life organized and on track, quit smoking and live a healthier lifestyle. Her North Node ( in Aries ) falls into the 6H. I believe this shows she needs in this life time to add routine and a healthier lifestyle. She needs to be more assertive ( Aries )

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of Mars-Pluto aspects like squares and oppositions having possibility for rape or sexual abuse.. Her Pluto also touches Uranus so that might make help represent something more sudden and needing to break free from restraint?

    ReplyDelete