Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Astrology and Writing


I have looked in and did some google searching of writers and what in the natal chart could point at writing ability or an interest in writing. 
Obviously I like to write. I have written a number of stores/novels since I was twelve years old. ( I have some still and others are lost ). I also like to blog, but when I blog, my writing can become choppy because I write quick. 
I have Mercury-Mars trine ( in fire ) and I often think faster than what I type or talk. Sometimes my mind races and I have all these ideas, but I often have problems putting them down on paper. My fifth house falls in the sign of Cancer, which means that writing is a hobby of mine and I express myself better in writing than in speech. ( It’s the truth! ) I have also a Mercury opposed Jupiter, which does indicate a writing ability, but mostly in the realm of adventure stories. Mercury-Jupiter can also indicate a lacking of seeing the details and the writing may lack depth, or the other way it can manifest is the writing can be either too detailed or too vague. I’ve had people tell me both before. In research papers, I’ve had a professor tell me one part of the essay was too vague and then another was too detailed! In the stories I write I find that to be the case sometimes. 
Here is what I think in MY chart helps writing ability/interest in writing: 
Sagittarius Mercury in the 9th house 
Gemini Jupiter in the 3rd house 
Mercury conj MC 
Mercury trine Mars 
Mercury opposed Jupiter 
Cancer in the 5th house 

When looking at writing, you must first look at Mercury. Any Mercury sign can be good at writing, but the Water Mercury signs ( Scorpio, Pisces and Cancer ) are often the best at writing depth and expressing with the most emotion. My  best friend loves to write and she has Scorpio Mercury in the 10th house; she is very detail oriented and her writing has a great depth and emotional flair. When she writes, the picture is in your mind! Mercuries in Fire are often enthusiastic and funny in writing, but may lack depth or the patience to follow through. Fire Mercuries, esp Sagittarius, are primarily concerned with adventure stories. An Aries Mercury may prefer to write short stories. Mercuries in Earth are precise, logical, and to the point in writing, but may be dry. Writing is best for science or research. Mercuries in Air are good at any form of communication and writing is eloquent and flows well. They can be logical and can make a dry subject seem interesting. 
Mercuries in Virgo and/or Gemini are a good sign to have writing ability, because Mercury rules those signs. 
Mercury in the 3rd house or 9th house can indicate writing ability. Mercury in the 10th house can indicate a career that involves writing. 
Mercury in the 5th house can of course show someone who loves to write. It’s a good indicator of someone who has a hobby of writing. 
The ruler of the 3rd house falling into the 5th house is a possibility. That means if Sagittarius is in your 3rd house and then your Jupiter ( its ruling planet ) is in your 5th house. 
Aspects to Mercury…. Uranus, Neptune, Jupiter, Moon 
Mercury in the 1st house… easy for one to communicate, either vocally or in writing. 
Any other ideas? 
Do you like to write? If so what are some of your placements? 

No comments:

Post a Comment