Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Saturn in the 11th house: Yes, who you hang out with DOES matter

Growing up with Saturn in the 11th house has brought both challenges and benefits in my life. I was also born in a lower income socieo bracket, so the places and locations I’ve grown up in has not always been ideal.

Challenges in my life:
- I find it hard to “network” with people in my major and other dietitians. I love talking to my professors and asking them questions about the field, but I hold back in class. Often I send e-mails. I’m somewhat shy, but I can handle social situations with grace when properly prepared. It’s like I want to get a job, work in my field, and then go home and live my life. I feel weird about belonging to a group. Becoming one of the group. ( Combined with Aquarius rising, but my major fits in with Cancer on the 6H cusp and Moon in the 6H )

- I’ve always been an introvert a loner, and have preferred to hang out all by myself. I do not like large groups of people. I’ll make myself smile to someone if they smile at me first, or if they say “hey” I’ll be polite and say “hey” back. However, if you look like a loser and look like you are no good, I don’t speak back.

One thing I’ve always believed in, especially growing up in a poor area, is that the people you hang out with ( yes, even in high school ) determine how you are seen and even your success later on in life. Growing up I was aware of the challenges that would meet me trying to get to a place I want to be. I knew college was expensive and I was afraid I was not able to go, even though I am a smart and competent person.

I think a lot of people born into poverty are poor because of the people they hang out with, the culture poverty brings, and the overall environment. I did grow up with supportive grandparents who were college educated and wanted me to be successful, since my mother failed. ( I am not saying people are not poor because of the rich and powerful wanting to control everything and choosing not to create GOOD jobs. That’s half the problem, but that’s NOT what I am discussing today. Half of the poverty problem is society, but the other half is the individual himself/herself. You can CHOOSE not to get knocked up. Educate yourself. You can CHOOSE not to go down a road of violence and crime. You can CHOOSE not to spend all your Burger King money on cocaine. The list can go on ).

I like to live a life that ishealthy, balanced, and active.Which means I like to eat good ( although I will eat fast food, or splurge every now and again ) and I exercise. I want people in my life that arenon-toxic.

A person with Saturn in the 11th house is probably an introvert. He or she probably doesn’t have a lot of friends, but they do take friendship seriously.Another important factor of Saturn in the 11th house is that friends can make or break your success.I have not personally read this in any astrology texts or websites, but that is HOW the Saturn in the 11th house person sees friendship. They need friends that make them look competent. Of course they care about emotional commitments and loyalty of friends, but the other is just as important.

OK.If you’re trying to get somewhere in life, it’s important to have friends and a network of people supporting you, whether it be teachers, acquaintances and people you see in general. Co workers also count.This counts for everyone regardless of social class you were born in, but it is CRUCIAL for those born poor.( I define “poor” as someone who grew up on a family below federal poverty line and had parents getting assistance fro the government. ) If you hang out with a gang, then you are probably not going to get your Ph.D. that you once wanted when you were 16. I’m just telling the truth. Bold and clear.

If the network of people you are with does not support you and gets you to do things that are illegal, unhealthy, and/or morally wrong, then you are probably not going to get anywhere in life. Yes, success is subjective. And I’m not saying that someone who went down the wrong path can not find success later in life if they just clean up. It will just be harder and they will need to seek help. They also need to hang out with different people. People who care about their futures, health, and emotional and financial well-being.

In poor areas, it’s easy to not do well in school because it’s seen as “uncool”. People also may not believe in you, or may tell you that you will never go to college. Also, not everyone has to go to college either. Not everyone is actually academically inclined. If that is the case, do the best in school that you can and find a niche you’re good at. Automotive, retail/sales, child care, and associates degrees in health care and business fields can help get someone from a modest background get on their feet. These can be at vocational schools during last two years of high school and/or community colleges.

I spent my adolescence in a trailer park. Mainly included hicks who thought they were straight out of the ghetto. Hilarious, really. Most of kids at my trailer park did not graduate high school. I knew that the kids there were not good for me to hang out with, so I picked my friends wisely. I’m a quiet and introverted person, so I do not make friends casually and freely. I select friends that I want to build something on and go from there.

Once I started getting older, all of this became more aware to me. I knew that a lot of the kids I grew up with were losers. I was also thought of as a “snob” there but I am quite a polite person most of the time. I also knew I wanted to get somewhere someday. And being with those people wasn’t going to get me there.

If you’re with supportive people, you can get somewhere. It doesn’t make you snobby. You do not want to hang out with the wrong crowd. That is why my mother did not succeed in life and I always told myself I would not be her.

End note:Who you hang out with matters, whether you like it or not. I think it’s better to be a loner than hang out with the wrong crowd. People are an important to your success, though. This includes the support of parents, friends, other family members, strangers, employers, acquaintances, networks, instructors, etc etc. If you do not have the support, then it will be very difficult for you to get where you want to be. If you do not have family to support you, then make friends who will.

You want your friends to make you look like you are competent and worth hiring. So it’s not cool to hang out with a bunch of guys who are smoking around and wearing pants falling down if you’re applying to a job that makes 3X more than what you are making now.
/End rant

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah. I have to say first that you are very a very intelligent person. I am a capricorn rising with a 11th house saturn and I can relate to being very careful when it comes to the people you choose to be friends with and also I may seem shy and introverted at a first glance. I keep my bubbly personality only for the people I know for sure I enjoy spending time with and the people that correspond to certain criteria. In general though, at school or at work, people see me as a very serious person and I am being told a lot that I am very intimidating; even older people have told me they feel intimidated by my persona. Like you I believe that networking is important and can get you high on a career level and usually when I think someone may help me in the future, I first study them, their likes, dislikes, personality as a whole so that I can communicate better with them and make sure they will like me. It may seem cold, but I never take advantage of my acquaintances and I always wait for them to offer their help and never ask for it. Unlike you though I have different feelings when it comes to poor people. Like you I lived among poor people and had friends among them, but I have never had such harsh (probably harsh is not the term here, but I can't find a better one at the moment, sorry for this) feelings towards them. I pitted them, only because I realised that they don't know any other way and some are not smart enough to understand the reasons behind education. I believe now that living among poor and uneducated people actually helped me a lot, considering that now I am capable of communicating not only with intelligent educated people but also with those that aren't and this as well can open doors, since not always those in power are educated and intelligent. Also you are right when you say that you want to look competent and worth hiring, but you only want to project that image so it is mainly about good pr when it comes to your persona. I wouldn't avoid the company of uneducated people if I would enjoy it, the only thing is that once you get older you tend to avoid this company only because you have nothing in common so it is not likely that you will enjoy it. This difference in emotions when it comes to people may come from the moon sign, I have a Pisces moon which is pretty emotional, non-judgmental with a desire of helping anyone who needs the help and you have a leo moon, which is generous and warm but only to those worthy. It is quite interesting really. Love your blog and it was very nice to read something that I can relate to x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed my blog!

      I do feel that my Leo moon ( which falls into my 6th house ) does have a little to do with this too. I am a generous person, but my boyfriend sometimes says I can be cold to those whom I do not like.

      As far as the poor people go, I just had some realllllyyyyy bad experiences with them growing up lol. I lived in a trailer park till 2 years ago and those people made me want to pull my hair out. I was also bullied by the kids there and sexually harassed by the guys/boys/men. It just bothered me that the people never did anything to better their lives, and it bothers me because those kids had a change to grow up to be something and instead their environments prevented it.

      Anyway, I am glad you enjoyed this and I hope I can post more things that are of interest to you.

      Delete
  2. Sarah this is too odd coming across your site. I'm from North Eastern Ohio too but now live in Houston, Tx. My health has had many challenges since we got here. We lost our beloved cocker spaniels too ;(. It hasn't been the same. Astrology has been calling me since. Looking into diff location affecting your chart. I am a Cap. 12/30/1972 born 6:37 pm. My moon is in Scorpio & Asc in Cancer. I have all the man planets in my 5th house. Married 1 boy. He came 6 wks early. 11-18-04. He is a Scorpio.. Moon in Aquarius & Asc in Libra. He has his Venus, Mars & Jupiter in his first house. I worry about him. He's 9. He has already shared with me that he feels different than everyone else. Great kid though but I'm afraid of hm at times. It's like he has a sinister side I don't know about. I'd love to learn to read our charts. My mid Heaven is in Aries. My mom is an Aries. Our sons mid Heaven is in Cancer. My Ascending sign. I can see n my chart where my home life was abusive by my mom.
    Anyway.. Hope to hear from you. Grew up in Westlake, Oh!
    I worry about our ill guy. Moon & Neptune are in his 4th house.
    Hopefully ttys xxxx

    ReplyDelete